Monday, May 4, 2009

My Reflection... My Purpose... My Mission...

After much realization that blogging isn't that bad, I finally gave into my urge of writing my thoughts down. Before it used to be in a journal in the privacy of my own bedroom... Now in this day & age its on the comfort of my trusted laptop.

Alot has happened in the past year & a half that has made me want to reflect upon my life. For sometime I've wanted to refocus on myself and only the positive. I've been motivated to better myself by engaging in new things... and am struggling to eliminate the unnecessary from my life... or at least limit it.

And more recently I've had a new inspiration in my life... for now, we'll call this inspiration "Jayce".

This site is going to serve multiple purposes.
  • You can follow my adventure as I knock down 101 things on my "things to do list" (see explanation below) as well as
  • follow my journey through motherhood, companionship, partnership, & friendships, &
  • to keep in touch with others as I try to refocus & prioritize myself & the tasks that lie ahead.
On that note, I'd like to thank you all for tagging along and for support throughout my journey.

-----------------------------------------------------


Here's a little info about my 101 in 1001.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.




3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see your 101 list and follow your journey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! can't wait to see your list, lil mama! the 101 journey will be fun, i promise. now i can cross off #84 on my list...thanks, bev...haha. we're focused, man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! can't wait to see your list! btw...tell jerms blogging is cool! =)

    ReplyDelete